Rotating Banner Images

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Homemade Pasta 2.0

My first try in making pasta was an epic fail. The dough was too thick, and I probably didn't knead it as long as I should have.

The recipe I used this time was pretty basic, with a 1:1 ratio of flour and eggs, and some salt and olive oil. I mixed it up on the Kitchen Aid with the dough hook until the ingredients came together and formed a ball. Wrapped the dough in cling wrap and let it rest for half an hour.

Since my last attempt at pasta making, I've bought a pasta machine to help get the dough to necessary uniform thinness.


The machine comes with two different cutting options, fettucine and something that's about the same size as spaghetti. After I was finished, I quickly tossed the pasta in some flour and boiled half, leaving the other half to dry and use at a later time.


End result? Fantastic. M and I tossed some of the noodles in butter and grated parmesan. We made some thicker noodles and ate it with a sauce made of diced tomatoes, garlic, and capers. The sauce was good as usual, but the thicker noodles should be for soups.

Pasta - 1
Me - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment