Rotating Banner Images

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How to Cook Everything Project: Penne Arrabiata


See this? Follow through.

There was some hunger that played a role, but I think that's a given. To start off the HTCE project, I went Italian. It's simple and doesn't take a lot of ingredients. I'd take this over a boring Marinara any day (even though it is pretty much marinara with some heat).

This was a win, thank goodness. The only problem I came across was some of the tomato squirting out at me when I was crushing them in my quite stressed hands. I used half a bulb of garlic which I smashed and roughly chopped. For the heat, I used the Thai chilies I grew this summer. These ingredients seem all too familiar... the only thing missing were the anchovies. People who tried the sauce even mentioned the addition of some anchovy. I guess I make that sauce a bit too much!

The longer you allow it to cook, hell... eat it hours later and it exponentially tastes better. The recipe calls for penne, which I used at first, but ran out and used capellini for the rest of the sauce. Definitely making this again, and in bigger batches. Can never have too much sauce on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment