Rotating Banner Images

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes



I'm guessing it's blueberry season, since they are on sale everywhere. Over the weekend I picked up three containers, with plans of making lots of yummy things. There's blueberry pie, blueberry cobbler, blueberry cake, blueberry ice cream! Can you think of any other recipes that uses blueberries?




To start, I decided to whip up blueberry pancakes. There was some Bisquick in the pantry, so I decided to use that, and following the directions to make them supreme, I added sugar, baking powder and vanilla. I added the blueberries at the very end, just before cooking.




I ladled the batter into the buttered pan by the 1/4 cupful, resulting in pancakes that were about the size of a CD. Cooked on medium-low heat and didn't turn until the batter was bubbly.




I think that looks pretty good to me. I ended up eating about 4 pancakes, all wonderful and the blueberries were sweet. I still had a lot of batter, so I cooked up the rest so I can eat them later during the week.




Once they were cool, I put them in sandwich bags (2 per bag) and placed them in the freezer. So now if I'm in the mood for pancakes, all I have to do is heat them up in the toaster oven.

1 comment:

Green Peccadilloes said...

All of the blueberries on my bushes are still green, but I am very very anxiously awaiting their change of color. Mid-week, when I don't have time to make pancakes or scones, I dump them on greek yogurt.

Post a Comment