Rotating Banner Images

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It’s How Much? (Take Two)

2010-08-08 19.39.55

This “dish” is called Tostadita Nachos.

Really?

Because that doesn’t look like nachos. They should call it scraps. Why? Because it’s five corn chips topped with cheese, salsa, lettuce, avocado, and crema fresca. Normally it comes with seasoned ground beef, but I was going to share with M, and he doesn’t eat things that once had a face.

Do you want to know how much this cost? $8.99.  I could have just ordered the nachos and asked for no meat, and salsa and guacamole on the side… and the price for it would have been reasonable. Hell, what you see on that plate would make up one… maybe one and half of a taco and the price for one of those is still half of what they’re asking for with these “nachos.”

Here is what M thinks about the whole “nachos” fiasco:

They tasted pretty good… I’ll give them that. They reminded me of what I make after I come home from work. Except when I make mine, I make enough to fill me up, or at least satiate my appetite. This didn’t. I could buy a head of lettuce, a bag of tortilla chips, jar of salsa, block of cheese, and some 'fancy'-sounding sour cream for nine bucks and eat these things every day, for every meal, for a month. Five chips at a time.

I should have known better and asked the server how big it was. I should have just stuck to the tableside guacamole.

Not cool, Chevy’s. Tsk… tsk.
Refunds welcome.

1 comment:

Albany Jane said...

Wow, major rip off! If I'm paying over $1 per bite, then I'm eating sushi. Not skimpy 'chos!

Post a Comment