Rotating Banner Images

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fresh Market Red Velvet Cupcakes

cupcake1
I haven’t had the best of experiences with cupcakes in the Capital Region. So I’ve stayed away from any that haven’t been made by myself or someone I trust. But when the craving hits… you have to go with it. My craving hit when I was in the Fresh Market. Four red velvet cupcakes for 4.99 sounded like a good deal to me, and I was curious to see if they used buttercream or cream cheese icing.


cupcake2 cupcake3

 
There was a lot of good going on with these cupcakes. For starters, they were large… maybe baseball sized? The cake itself was was moist, but not heavy. As for the icing, I’m guessing it was cream cheese. The flavor was too light to really tell, but in some ways, I like it better that way. The icing to cake ratio was perfect.

cupcake4 cupcake5


If I wasn’t full from pizza, I would have eaten more of these cupcakes. And surprisingly, they went really well with the beer. Or maybe the beer was just playing tricks on me. Either way, I will be buying these again. You’ve won me over, Fresh Market.

cupcake6

No comments:

Post a Comment