Rotating Banner Images

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

King Cake

2011-03-08-15-37-20-641


A week ago today I picked this up from Bella Napoli. I wasn’t in the mood to celebrate Fat Tuesday with alcoholic beverages, so instead I indulged in baked goods.

2011-03-08-15-36-56-688


Traditionally these cakes are supposed to have a coin/pea/bean hidden within the cake before it is baked. Whoever finds the surprise is supposed to have good luck for the year. I don’t know when it shifted over to hiding a little baby within a cake, but it’s festive and goes with the whole crazy Mardi Gras-ness. This cake did not have a hidden baby, but I’d be wary of a small plastic toy in my food. What if it melted in there?!?

2011-03-08-15-55-59-156
The Mardi Gras cake was just a regular frosted cake with a splash of… fun. No baby baked in there as well, but there was one on top with some beads. At least I didn’t have to flash anyone to get them. Just had to shell out some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment