Rotating Banner Images

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dream Puff Marshmallows

IMGP2080


I can’t believe it took me this long to finally try this.

It was M’s overnight weekend, so I left the house early so he could get some rest. I did some errands, took a quick walk though downtown Troy as the vendors were getting ready for Riverfest, and I did some shopping at the Farmers Market. I walked out of there with yet another tomato plant, and marshmallows.

IMGP2090

 

I didn’t know what to expect with these. The marshmallows I’m most familiar with are the ones you can pick up from the supermarket. And with those I’m mixing it into something, they aren’t the kind of things I want to eat on their own.

These came in a pack of six, which was a perfect snacking size. Yum. Nice and Guinness-y. It doesn’t really hit you until you finish that first bite. Addictive. M and I finished these off pretty quick.

IMGP2103


Smoky chocolate marshmallow dipped in dark chocolate… and topped with pecans and bacon? Oh heck yea. Not as much of a pronounced bacon flavor than I imagined it would be, but then again… would you really want a strong bacon taste with chocolate? Yeah… I think I would.

2 comments:

MsGarlic said...

Oh my god I have to get these!!!! If you ever go to lunch in NYC at Jean Georges (it is like $28 so a deal compared to their dinner menu), they give you rose water marshmallows, ginger, and vanilla and they cut them with scissors out of a jar. Totally fabulous! I am also a big fan of meringues though so I think this is just the kind of thing I like. Would love to make my own, but I think you need to buy corn syrup...

MsGarlic said...

So I went and got the lemon pucker ones at the Troy Farmer's Market today. Heaven!! Fluffy airy bliss!

Post a Comment