Rotating Banner Images

Friday, May 01, 2009

Recent Eats

For not having a lot to do... I sure have a lot to do. And it's taking a toll on my blogging. I have a backlog of posts and photos that will be posted at some point. I think once my final is over I'll have a bit more time to get things in order (just a bit since my program starts in a month and all hell will break loose).

I headed upstate early last week, the reason being was that I wanted to grab a free burrito from Chipotle. That never happened, but I am near so many Chipotle's downstate that it's not that big of a deal. I can wait until they open up in Latham later this year.

On Friday, M and I had dinner with one of M's friends. It was a very last minute decision, and I'm surprised I agreed to go, since it would cut into my nap before work. We headed over to Delmar and ate at The Hidden Cafe. It was about 6:45 when we arrived and the place was packed.

According to the Times Union website, they have THC pricing at one dollar sign ($). Maybe they've had a recent menu change, or $ doesn't mean what I think it means. It seems to be $1/2-$$.

We started with stuffed grape leaves, which I am really beginning to like. THC grape leaves weren't bad, but the rice was a bit mushy. My entree came with a salad that was too peppery. If you get their Greek Salad, watch out for this. I tried to coat all of the greens with the dressing, but as I got to the bottom of the bowl it just got impossible.

My entree was a pasta dish with chicken, I can't remember the name. It was alright, but maybe just a bit salty. I ate about half of it and finished the rest the next day. M ordered the Greek salad and he agreed that it was too peppery. But he ate it all, what a sport. L had the grilled chicken salad, but I don't think she liked it too much since she left half of it on her plate.

I don't want to give up on this place, especially since I heard good things about it from people. Maybe lunch would be a safer bet.

Saturday we had an early dinner with our regular dinner partners H&J. We ended up heading to Clifton Park to eat at Bellini's. They have another restaurant in Slingerlands that I used to go to years ago, and enjoyed very much. The Clifton Park location is HUGE compared to the one in Slingerlands, and I think they may have rooms in the back for parties. Nice.

If you're interested, they have a four course dinner options for $20 (pastas) and $25 (entrees). You get soup or salad, mozzarella covered garlic bread, meal, and dessert. Everyone except M went with the four course option. He picked the Margherita pizza. H and I went with the linguine with mussels and clams. Not bad. J went with the gnocchi, a dish he's had there before. For dessert we went with the stanards- cannolis and cheesecake.

I think I'm coming down with dessert overload. Perhaps I need to shift my attention to the gelato at Crisan? The weather is warming up... it may be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment