Rotating Banner Images

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In Bloom

IMGP0326


Spring is in the air… and not a snow drift in sight!

This weekend was spent in the garden- cleaning away the dead plants so that those that are returning have space to grow. These purple babies (no clue what they are) were the first to pop up, followed by daffodils and crocus. The previous home owners had an English garden theme, which I think we’ll be sticking with for the most part.


IMGP0327 

A glimpse of the beginnings of my vegetable garden. So far, the strawberries, rhubarb, and chives have returned. The other side (not pictured) had green beans, tomatoes, melons, and other fruits/vegetables that I’m not sure if they’ll be coming back or not. Most likely they aren’t, so I’ve started seedlings. A variety of tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, herbs, and squash.

I’m thinking I might take a drive into Albany to check the Asian markets for vegetable seed packets… or perhaps some seedlings. I’m thinking daikon and bitter melon.


IMGP0308


I used to be pretty good at growing plants from seed. Hopefully I haven’t lost my touch.

How about you green thumbs out there? What are you planning on growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment