Rotating Banner Images

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Philly Bridal Shower

IMGP0381


Saturday I braved the weather and Jersey traffic for a party in the City of Brotherly Love.

The party was at XIX Restaurant in the Hayatt at the Bellevue. Brunch buffet, with way too much food… and they took it away much too soon. Thanks to the traffic, I was over an hour late, so I missed out on some good eats… but I did get to nibble on some of the better dishes (according to the bride and bridesmaids).

It was a great venue for a party, and a shame the weather didn’t cooperate. I was so looking forward to a cheesesteak show down.

Here are some highlights:

IMGP0386
I slipped up once and mentioned Puerto Rico! And I was doing so well too…

IMGP0383


One of the games – design a wedding cake. Bride picks the best one.

IMGP0384


She ended up picking this cake. I’m thinking it’s because her mom was on the cake’s team.

IMGP0397

If only it wasn’t raining… I would have liked to explore Philadelphia, not to mention hit up Reading Terminal Market!

IMGP0393


Giveaway for those in attendance – an espresso cup and saucer filled with sugar cubes and a stick of biscotti. I think I may have left this at my parent’s house.

IMGP0402


IMGP0407


In two weeks I’ll be heading down to Puerto Rico for the wedding! So excited… and already planning food related excursions for my mini-holiday!

Any suggestions of places I should see?

No comments:

Post a Comment