Rotating Banner Images

Monday, May 23, 2011

Albany Eats! Potluck

star


What happens when you get a bunch of bloggers together for some outdoor noshing?

Some really good noshing, of course!

2011-05-21-14-32-01-195


I have to give Albany Jane props for planning this, it was a great time, and I finally was able to put a face to the local bloggers that I follow.  And now thanks to Jon in Albany, sausage making is on my list of things to do this summer (the ones he brought to the potluck were fantastic).

derryX brought a arugula and pea shoot salad that we ate on slices of bread and topped with sheep’s milk cheese and various olive oils. I don’t remember the name of the oil I picked… Ambition? Mission? Names aside, it was tasty. Cassie made the dessert tray up there. Oh my, oh my… deliciously evil. I especially liked the smores bites. Other dishes at the potluck include taco bites from sue215, and asparagus and pesto penne pasta made by 3rd Auntie. I really should have taken more pictures.

2011-05-21-15-53-08-891


I tried my hand at bread pudding once again, and it came out  pretty good. There were a few burned bits, but M took care of that.

2011-05-21-14-48-54-798


Speaking of M, he was such a trooper – he got only a few hours of sleep, yet still came with me to the park. We brought Emma, who of course had a blast.

AJ has a better write up of the potluck on her blog, and the tentative info for the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the bread pudding was great! Creamy, perfectly sweetened. Great picnic! Nice to meet you

Post a Comment