Rotating Banner Images

Friday, March 01, 2019

Sweet Indulgence



One of the residents mentioned yesterday that their last day is today. So for a nice send-off, I decided to bring in something sweet. Originally I planned on making something myself, but after drinks at Mohawk, I decided I wasn't in the mood for baking and went to sleep early instead.

Picked this up at Bella Napoli, along with a couple loaves of the crispy torpedoes and cinnamon twists. I don't remember what this is called... seven sons? It was with some other coffee cakes in the case. Basically it's cinnamon rolls with pecans and some haphazard glazing. $5.95.

A bit on the dry side, and the pecans were soft. But my co-workers enjoyed it. The resident sadly did not have any - was stuck in the OR working away.

The torpedoes M and I ate for lunch, paired with a Spanish cheese assortment and pickled things. I wasn't in the mood to bake last night, was in the mood to prepare a lunch this morning. Just coffee and casual reading thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment