Rotating Banner Images

Saturday, November 09, 2019

Snack Review - Trader Joe's Truffle Marcona Almonds



I blame a cheese plate for my marcona almonds addiction.

It was probably at the Confectionery. Ordered that along with olives, and pickles. And of course cheese. All immediately devoured (with repeated orders of extra bread). But those almonds. Yum.

I've seen them in the bulk section of Honest Weight, and the price turned me away. But lo and behold... Trader Joe's! Not that these were cheap, but a nice little splurge.

They also sell a rosemary version, but I stick to the truffle. What do truffles normally taste like... earthy? Well, I eat these and it seems garlicky, and I like it. I've given some to co-workers and they were instantly hooked. 

If you don't eat them right away, make sure you seal them properly or keep in the fridge. I've had an instance or two where they tasted weird, perhaps it went rancid? Had to throw it out. Shame.

Now that I'm writing about it, I think I'll add it to my shopping list!

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment