Rotating Banner Images

Monday, July 27, 2009

DePiero's Again



Some text messages I sent today:

Me: We gotta do lunch @ DePiero's Farm. So freaking good!

S: Sure. Where's that?

Me: Montvale. Grand Ave. Having their fish and chips right now. OMFG dude. OMMFG. And that ain't a typo.

S: lol. cuz i was wondering.


It's only been in the last year or so when I finally tried fish & chips. I never was interested in it before, but sometimes it just looks so good... and hello! Fried!

The seafood section of DePiero's is called Off the Hook Seafood, and for being a small section, it offers a lot. I got there just in time- a line formed after I placed my order. You can get seafood to bring home to cook, or have it cooked for you there. Cooked to order. I wasn't paying too much attention, but I did see the fry guy coat big pieces of fish into some flour mixture before dipping in batter and dropping into the fryer.

As you can see, it came out beautifully golden and crunchy! Real crunch... not like some other battered fish I've tried. I was able to finish 3/4 of it before throwing in the towel. Reheated, it doesn't have that crunch (oh well) but it wasn't bad. And the fries re-heated? Surprisingly good.


The bakery line was too long for me, so I went with some plums. Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment