Rotating Banner Images

Monday, July 27, 2009

Snails, Cantonese-ish


It has been hard lately to find these. I didn't go all over Chinatown, but my usual shops were snail-free. Luckily I did find a place and bought them out.

Normally when I cook these, I use oyster sauce... and I like it like that. But to shake me out of my oyster sauce routine, I decided to use black bean sauce.


Aside from the snails, other ingredients are minimum. Scallions, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno. How much you want to add is up to you. Heat up a pan with some sesame seed oil (or peanut if you're so inclined) and add everything except the snails and black bean sauce. Cook until it begins to soften.


While this is cooking, lightly toss the snails in some flour. The reasoning behind this, who knows... but it seemed good at the time. Add to the pan, stir up quick and cover. It'll look messy at this point, but it'll be hidden soon enough.


Add a heaping tablespoon of black bean sauce and just a little bit of water and stir again. Cover and let that sucker steam some. Be warned that sauce is salty, so you may have to add a little more water to adjust. If the sauce is runny, thicken with some corn starch.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment