Rotating Banner Images

Friday, December 17, 2010

Alexis Diner (North Greenbush, NY)

IMG_20100904_150702


Florentine omelet – three eggs with spinach and feta. Served with home fries and toast (M went with Rye)

According to M, the last good omelet he has was back in Jersey, at Eleni’s. This one here, from Alexis? Not necessarily a close second, but it’s keeping a good pace.

IMG_20100904_150722


French Dip sandwich – thinnly sliced roast beef topped with melted cheddar on a torpedo roll. Served with au jus for dipping, french fries, coleslaw, and a pickle.

IMG_20100904_150848


It was my first time eating a French Dip. I always thought the idea of dipping a sandwich in meat juices was… well… wrong. It may be due to my aversion of the soggy sandwich and the messiness that inevitably follows, but this is how the FD is meant to be eaten.

IMG_20100904_150859


It was pretty good! The bread sopped up the au jus and made each bite:

meatier?
meat encompassing?
meatastic?
au jussy?


Whatever it was, I couldn’t stop raving about how much I liked this sandwich. I couldn’t believe it took me so long to come around and jump on the FD bandwagon. But I’m on there, I’m a believer, and I’m waving that au jus flag with pride.

And I could really go for one right now.

Where are some places I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment