Rotating Banner Images

Friday, January 30, 2009

Korean Lunch: Beef Bulgogi and Kimchi Fried Rice


I must say I'm pretty proud of myself. I set a goal of cooking at least one meal from scratch every day for the next month. Week one has been a success and I'm afraid the scale will soon prove that.

The bulgogi was fairly simple. I bought an inexpensive steak and thinly sliced it for quicker cooking. I made a marinade for the meat based on the recipe on Maangchi's website. I didn't measure the ingredients, nor do I think it's necessary. Eyeballing it perfectly fine.

I cooked the beef first, and then the kimchi fried rice, using the same pan throughout. Unlike most pictures of bulgogi I've seen on the internet, I cooked mine down until the sauce started to thicken and the meat began to crisp. For the rice I used freshly cooked rice, and I prefer cooking my fried rice this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment