Rotating Banner Images

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sushiya (Suffern, NY)


My friend Anna and I ate at Sushiya about a month ago and enjoyed it. Not feeling like cooking, I decided to try out their lunch menu.

 
 

No, I wasn't being piggish... It ended up being a lunch-dinner order. It only took fifteen minutes for my food to be ready, so that was a big plus in my book. The lunch items came with a soup, salad, and for sushi, rice. They also added a spicy crab hand roll, which I thought was a nice touch. I'm not really a fan of the "crab" but it was pretty tasty.

 
 

I ordered the sushi & sashimi combo, which was five pieces of sushi, seven pieces of sashimi, and a spicy salmon roll. For take out, this was very good. The fish was very fresh, especially the one piece shown on the bottom right. I usually stay away from it because it tends to be oily, but it was not the case this time.


I also ordered the bibimbap, the lone korean dish on the menu. I remembered this time to ask for the egg to be cooked well done, and cut it up separately before mixing everything up with the chilli pepper paste. Their version was alright, but they could have added just a little more beef to the dish. I think I have to accept the fact I don't really like bibimbap, and I won't find a place that will make it that compares to the first time I ate it.

That dish aside, Sushiya impressed me with their sushi and I am sure I'll be going back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment