Rotating Banner Images

Monday, May 03, 2010

I Gave In To the Chain


I fully support local. There are some great places in the Capital Region that I've been going to since undergrad. We're talking over a decade, folks. I encourage everyone to check out what the area has to offer, not to mention I supported The Profussor's attempt to get more local recognition on the Times Union Best Of lists.

But the stomach wants what the stomach wants.

And my stomach wanted Bucca di Beppo.

We started with the fried mozzarella. Pretty good, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "why are we even here?!? I can make this myself!" My chain guilt may explain why I didn't have much of it.


Penne San Remo without chicken. Without the bird, it was artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and peas. Tossed in a cream sauce, which I'm really not a fan of. I didn't notice it in the description when I picked it, but eh... not bad. Not my favorite, but it was different.

Because of the cream sauce, I ended up just eating a little bit of it. Not that M noticed, he pretty much scarfed the plate down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that at least your visit was compelled by the too-good-to-be-true $10 off $20 coupons that seem to be ubiquitous for BdB.

They ensnared me once or twice.

I get sucked into the siren song of cheap food. That is my secret shame. Well, that and putting ketchup on Kraft Mac & Cheese.

Lilimonster said...

Yes, a coupon was used.

I think it will be a while before we go back there. We had to wait over 30 minutes for a table, yet people who came in after us were being seated.

At least offer us a seat at the bar.

Post a Comment