Rotating Banner Images

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not The Sharpest Tool

The last few days I've been helping my friend S celebrate his birthday. Thursday we got tickets to the Mets game last minute, last night was free birthday dinner a Kiko House (post to come) and tonight was some drunken fun at the Pig Pen while we listened to a cover band Vinyl Meltdown.

Immediately after showing up I went straight to the bar to grab a drink. I scanned what was on tap and saw that they had Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Sounded like it would be a good choice, so I patiently waited before I could get one of the bartender's attention.

One of the bartenders finished up a order and turned to me. "What can I get you?"

"Yeah, can I get Sam Adams?"

She looks to the taps on her left. She looks to the taps on her right. She looks at the taps on her left again... I guess just to make sure. The ones on her right have Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I know it's there, I could see it.

"I'm sorry, but we don't have Sam Adams."

"You don't have Sam Adams?" At this point she walks away and another bartender asks me for my order.

"Give me the Cherry Wheat."

"Sure thing."

I'm sorry, but you should know what's on tap at the bar you work at. I knew it was Sam Adams because of its familiar font and the fact that I read Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on the spout.

Needless to say, I avoided that one bartender for the rest of the night.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment