Rotating Banner Images

Monday, April 26, 2010

Five Guys...Again


I went back to Five Guys. I pretty much had to after all these guys told me I got the sissy burger. Friday was the perfect day too- absolutely everything that could go wrong did and by the time I drove off campus, the only thing that would calm me down was a burger. A double.


And here it is. The double. Double doozy. With cheese. And ketchup, pickles, and grilled onions. It is the onions which explains why it was glistening. It was a good glisten. A tasty glisten.

No joke, I killed that burger in three minutes. I took some breaks here and there to not look like a slob, but I inhaled that thing.


These potatoes were from Idaho. They came right out of the fryer, and I happily ate them with malt vinegar. I see where you vinegar on fries lovers are coming from... it was pretty good. I really didn't need to order a large, but since I ordered the double doozy, I figured I'd go all the way. I ended up eating about half of the cup and bringing the rest home. They aren't bad reheated, btw.


Not that it's much to get excited over, but I love the fry spillage. It's a nice surprise.


Not feeling the greasy bag look though.

And AJ, I didn't touch the peanuts.

4 comments:

phairhead said...

I don't think they have a system for determining the difference between large fries and small. Fine w/ me though, they are tasty tasty!

Albany Jane said...

Damn you and your awesome Asian food processing genes!

Long live the peanut people!

Aw dude - now I gotta get a burger.

Daniel B. said...

The fry spillage is on purpose. They actually portion out a specific additional quantity of fries to spill in the bag.

That of course assures the grease stains on the brown paper sack.

It is understandable why you would be nonplussed with the greasy bag, but understand you would seem to be in the minority (at least within the universe of 5 Guy fans).

I think of it as any grease on the bag is grease that is not in my blood. Just so long as it doesn't get on my pants, it's a win-win.

Lilimonster said...

Let me clarify - I'm not a fan of grease on surfaces in my car.

Post a Comment